Monday, December 22, 2008

Potato Latkes for Hanukkah!

I realized something last night........... it is a good thing I was not a mother & wife in the 1950's........Lucy Ricardo got to wear beautiful dresses, complete with hats & gloves.....but she also cooked breakfast, sometimes lunch, & dinner EVERY day for Ricky.......I would have been a divorced spinster if I was me in 1950!

My Hanukkah present to Jack was a dinner for the 3 of us served at our dining room table.

It was a success!  But I did have Paige as my Soux Chef, thank goodness she likes to watch the Food Network, so she brought a lot of knowledge to our kitchen!




We started with 2 potatoes and 1 onion.  Paige peeled the onion skins off like a professional!  Just look at her little hands......

Then she added 2 eggs and many tablespoons of flour.  She immediately washed her hands after cracking each egg --  I don't know if it's because of salmonella or just simple OCD..........

 


Then we added our "secret" ingredient......but you are all are family & friends, so we will share our secret ingredient with you - BOOGERS!

Paige is STILL sick, and we had to stop our cooking to blow her nose, and this is what she blew out of her nose.......me being me, I had to grab the camera.......I am calling the Guinness Book Of World Records to see if this is indeed the world's biggest booger...




Then Paige mixed all her ingredients together......."Mama I am a good little "cooker", and a big helper to you!"



And here they are, cooking away in the oil, which is the whole reason we celebrate Hanukkah in the 1st place.......

I like to call this picture......"Proof That I Cooked"..........

......and in case you were wondering, yes our latkes were
 Y-U-M-M-O!!!

No comments: