Sunday, December 21, 2008

Our Ottoman.....

Our ottoman in our living is one of my "loves" in my life.......hey, I am a simple girl.....



.......this ottoman is one of Grandma Carole's "GS" finds......(GS = Garage Sale), if there is something you need, just tell Grandma Carole, and she will respond, "Ok, give me time."

And magically the needed item appears in the back of Grandma Carole's minivan.....this woman is a professional, believe me people........

So Carole finds "the dream ottoman", it's a square, it's on wheels so it can be pushed around the living room where we need it, and I can put my legs on it when they are oh so tired at the end of a Disney World filled day!!!

Now the color of the ottoman wasn't the "perfect" green that OCD me would have preferred......but I was THRILLED with this "GS" purchase!

For fear of our dogs tinkling on the ottoman, we pinned a brown blanket over the ottoman as a makeshift slipcover - Martha Stewart I am NOT!



However, Martha Stewart, Grandma Carole IS!  And she doesn't charge us for her handiwork!  ++!!  "I will make a slipcover for it!"

Jack, Paige, Grandma Carole, & I went on a fabric shopping adventure and found the "perfect" fabric in the perfect shade of green to make OCD me oh so happy!

So last night, Grandma Carole & Papa George come over for some take out, and Grandma brings her sewing machine - and our dining room turned into Martha Stewart's workshop!

Paige "helped" alot!  She liked pushing the pedal of the sewing machine.......

Jack got in on the action with his mom, adjusting the slipcover........he and his mom share so many similarities.......

Check out Papa George in the back of this picture, yes he is sleeping.......he's not a big "Martha" fan.....



.......see what I mean??  fast asleep.......must have a clean conscience!

We had one minor delay, the sewing machine needle broke when Grandma Carole was almost finished........so a quick trip to Walmart for mother and son ensued.......



And then it was finished!  And it looks beautiful..........Check out our "Martha" taking a break after all her hard work........looks great, no?

THANK YOU MARTHA STEWART, oh, I mean Grandma Carole!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVE it! You picked the perfect fabric!

Whitney said...

i love the arrangement!