Wednesday, December 24, 2008

3rd Night Of Hanukkah & my "Eloise"........

On this 4th night of Hanukkah, I once again say thank you God for my little girl.......




Paige's gift from Grandma Carole was a new "relaxing dress"......it's not a nightgown, and it's not a dress to go outside in, it's a dress to wear in the house in which Paige "relaxes" in.....this is one of Grandma Carole's life lessons to Paige.......you relax and you have a specific dress in which to do it!




Paige wasted no time getting into her new "relaxing dress"..........




Paige often reminds me of Eloise, the little 6 year old girl who lives in the penthouse at the Plaza Hotel in New York City.  The Eloise books were my favorites when I was a little girl.

When Paige and I were spending a day in NYC with our bestest friends, Cheryl & Kirby, this summer........we walked up to The Plaza Hotel, so I could get a picture of the famous Eloise painting that hangs in the hotel with Paige standing in front of it.

Once this picture was taken, a little wish of mine made many, many years ago by a much younger me came true.  My daughter with Eloise!



This is the pose Paige gave me, when I asked to take her picture with her new "relaxing dress" on...........is this kid the spitting image of Eloise or what?

Next up - the 4th night of Hanukkah & Christmas Eve - we'll be lighting candles in the Menorah and leaving cookies for Santa.....my life is very interesting and full of fun!

1 comment:

Ron said...

Happy Hanukkah! I look forward to meeting you next week.