Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Two Firsts In Our House Today........


The 1st "first": a child of mine and Jack's fell asleep WHILE eating!

Judging by the "chubbiness" of Jack & I we clearly take our eating seriously.....so one would think our child would follow suit, no?

Paige was having some fruit loops in the living room and I was watching my new Girls Next Door dvd (I am a reality tv junkie!), I got up after a few minutes to check on her and called out to her while walking into the living room......no answer.......

I get to the living room (not a far walk.....we don't live in the Playboy Mansion) and I find this:




........her hand was grasping a fruit loop and she was ASLEEP!!!!!


.......and yes for a moment, I panicked and thought she choked and died.....

....when I woke her up, AFTER taking my pictures, she confessed to me that when Grammy put her down for a nap this afternoon that she didn't really sleep, "I played in my bed, Mama"......

the 2nd "first"........was this:



........a squirrel acting like Spiderman on our patio screen!  

......Have you ever seen such a thing......Paige and I walked out said hi to him, we both got our cameras, took pictures, the dogs barked, and the squirrel didn't flinch!

......and yes, I panicked thinking his fingernails were trapped in our screen & I would have to call animal control or our vet to rescue him........

Oh yeah, and one more "first" now that I think of it, Paige pretended she was a baby doctor this afternoon and "cut out" a baby from my stomach......she used her Captain Hook's hook from the pirate ride at the Magic Kingdom to pretend cut me.......this kid's got some imagination.......

.........and no, I do not have pictures of that.........

I am making a note in my calendar of the date, who knows maybe God whispered to her that her sister, Lily, is being born on the other side of the world in China today......March 10th......only time will tell!

No comments: