Sunday, March 22, 2009
Something I Found On One Of My China Adoption Message Boards That Made Me Smile...
You Might Be Adopting From China If....
* you know that I-600, I-171, & I-800 aren't highways
* you've been expecting a baby for over 3 years
* you understand that it's 2006 in some parts of the world
* you've "paid for" 3 citizenships, but never brought anyone into the U.S.A.
* you know that waiting for "China" has nothing to do with Tiffany & Co., patterns, or dishes
* your homestudy report is followed by a number (i.e. #3)
* you never know how many days "next month" will have
* you know that babies come in batches
* you've been fingerprinted three times, but never committed a crime
* you look twice when you see a ladybug
* you are more interested in what will happen in March 2006 than in March 2009
* you have friends & family who understand when you talk about 2 day months & 5 day months
* your "due date" hasn't changed by just days, but also years
* you know who Rumor Queen is...AND...understand you don't know who she is
* when you speak of "that time of the month" you're talking about the CCAA (The Chinese Center Of Adoptions Affairs) sending new referrals to waiting families around the globe
* you love someone you've never met with all your heart & soul :)
love you my sweet Lily wherever you are........